Strength Exercises After Hernia Surgery

Hi everyone. New member here. I am a 56 year old male. One year ago, I had surgery to repair a large hernia. What was supposed to have been a one hour laproscopic procudure, became a 2 1/2 hour procedure due to the severity of the hernia amd the number of tears in the tissue. I now how have three small scars along my upper abdomen and an incision scar in my groin area. There was also a smaller hernia at my navel, which was not repaired. Since then, i have not been able find exercises, other than walking, that I can do easily. I was never the most fit or energetic person before the surgery. Although I recovered well enough, for the most part, my energy level is nowhere near what it was before. I am feeling a need for strength training due to my age and due also to the need to feel better. I cannot find exercises which do not put pressure on my abdomen, and strengthening my core seems next to impossible. Any feedback or suggestions would be most appreciated. Thanks.

Get a “whole body vibration” plate. It will significantly amplify the effectiveness of less intense movement exercises like squats, “good mornings” and torso twists (and others).
As you gain strength from using the plate, you can begin to utilize more stringent exercises not using the plate.

Thanks for the information. I will check it out.